Monday, February 8, 2010

Mandi's 34th birthday

January 5th was my 34th birthday. Yikes!!! Man time flies. We were still in CA so I was able to spend my birthday with my family, which I haven't done in quite a while so it was awesome! The bummer part was that Jay left that morning. But at least I was able to see him on my birthday. And it made for two birthday celebrations. So cool!=-)

I have been longing to see the CA ocean so much. So my mom, sister, sister-in-law and the boys all decided to take me up to Santa Barbra for the day. It was such an amazing day!!!! The sun was out, the weather was perfect and we had a blast. Part of the fun was taking pictures, so there are a lot to share. =-) Enjoy!




We started off our afternoon with a yummy lunch at this Mexican restaurant. So good.... good suggestion RoseAnn


After lunch we walked the main street in Santa Barbra and just did window shopping. While we walked around a farmer's market was set up and we found these gorgeous flowers. RoseAnn bought me the beautiful orange ones on the right. They made me think of our wedding.




Afterwards, we headed down to the Pier for ice cream and
what turned out to be a major photo shoot. =-)


I had to get a picture of this little cutie!!! Love you Will!

Will's birthday is Jan. 7th, so of course we had to get our picture together!!!! So sweet!!!!



As we were making our way towards the beach I caught this awesome pic
of RoseAnn and Charlie!!!


Will and I went running for the water. Personally, I thought the water felt amazing. The sand was colder than the water, so it seemed warm to me. =-)


I thought this was a perfect spot for pictures, so here is the clan that spent the day with me.
RoseAnn, Will and Charlie, Mom and Anna

Me and my Momma

Me and RoseAnn
We probably spent an hour taking pictures, especially jumping pictures. We were laughing so hard and having a blast. This was probably one of the funnest parts of the day.



As we were leaving I caught this gorgeous sunset! What a blessed day.
I had a wonderful birthday trip.


When we got home, my dad had gotten pizza and made his famous chocolate shakes and we all watched a movie. Charlie saw his Aunt Mandi and came crawling over to me.
Ahhhh be still my heart!


When I got back to Portland, Jay was so sweet. He had set up the house with cupcakes, balloons and presents. It was a wonderful birthday... except for the getting older part. =-)


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Mandi!! That looks like so much fun; what a perfect way to spend your birthday!

    ReplyDelete